Riddhi Siddhi Gluco Biols - Siddhir Bhavatu Me Sada!


I found yet another value pick in Riddhi Siddhi Gluco Biols Ltd.

Riddhi Siddhi, based at Ahmedabad (Gujarat, India), is India's largest starch & starch derivatives company.

What makes it attractive?

1. Over last 10 years,

- sales have increased 10 times (94 cr to 1007 cr)
- net profit has increased 175 times (from 0.94 cr to 165 cr)
- no loss in any year
- eps has increased 245 times (from 0.6 to 147.22), a CAGR of 58%
- book value has increased 6 times (from 52 to 304)
- uninterrupted dividends

2. There is a huge margin of safety (275%) at the current price of  Rs.270. Incidentally, when I first analyzed a few months back, there was a negative margin of safety (-3%).

I invest based on my understanding of "value investing" and not "growth investing". What this means for this blog post -> "Growth across the last 10 years" is only a pre-requisite whereas  "Margin of Safety" is the deciding factor.

Disclosure: I own shares of Riddhi Siddhi & will purchase till I reach my planned diversification target.

PS: Siddhir Bhavatu Me Sada , taken from a Sanskrit invocation to the Indian Goddess of Learning, literally means May there be accomplishment for me always.

Invictus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who is the Greater Fool?

Book Review: The Little Book Of Value Investing

Cementing your portfolio with Kakatiya